1.25.2010

A Different Kind of Meme


Okay folks, I know those of you who have been blogging a while have done the Meme-thing and are so over it...but, I have a different kind of Meme for you. This is one I think you'll want to participate in because it's not only fun, but can actually save your life.

NO KIDDING.

I want each of you to go into your pantry or refrigerator and pull out something. It can be crackers, chips, cookies, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, jalapenos, pickles...whatever. Look at the label. What do you see?

Then put on your blog the product, who makes it (follow the trail of who owns which companies), and the ingredients (find out what those things are that are in your product that you can't pronounce). Find out who REALLY makes the product, and what the ingredients are REALLY. You might be surprised. Then pick five other bloggers who will do the same thing.

This Meme is all about consciousness: being conscious of what you put into your body. If you do this, and I see it on your blog. I will send you a copy of my book: Stupid Poetry, Volume I. And now, here's what I found in my refrigerator:

Product: Best Foods REAL Mayonnaise
Manufacturer: Best Foods -> Hellman's -> Unilever (multinational food company: revenue $40 BILLION)
Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar, Lemon Juice, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Natural Flavors.

I pick: Kylie, Megan, Mr. Shife, Meleah, and MJ.


For extra credit: VISIT THIS WEBSITE!!